The Liberty Zone I'm an Army veteran and a Featured writer for both keepandbeararms.com and ArmedFemalesofAmerica.com and a former contributing editor to the NRA's Women's Outlook. I'm also news director for KeepAndBearArms.com.
View From The Porch Books. Bikes. Boomsticks. A happy place of rolling green fields, where I can let my Snark off the leash to run free among the herds of Bewilderbeests, bringing down the slow and the stupid by the throat.
protein wisdom "Everybody knows that protein is one of the building blocks of life, and you will find no finer protein in the blogosphere than that produced at protein wisdom" -- Bill Quick, Daily Pundit
The Truth Laid Bare Home of The TTLB Blogosphere Ecosystem and N.Z. Bear's own brand of commentary:
The War on Guns Co-founder, GunTruths and Citizens of America. Commentary has been featured in GUNS AND AMMO, HANDGUNS and GUNS, as well as numerous freedom-oriented internet sites.
Daily Rant Turning America back into a Nation of Riflemen one citizen at a time.
You are an Anti-government Gunslinger, also known as a libertarian conservative. You believe in smaller government, states’ rights, gun rights, and that, as Reagan once said, “The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, ‘I’m from the government and I’m here to help.’”
Today I read one of the most bizarre articles I have read in quite a long time. Murray Whyte of the Toronto Star (HT: Junk Science) seems to have developed a fantasy that climate change will drive people out of Arizona and back to Cleveland, Buffalo and Toronto. Uh, yeah. The article is laden with shoddy science, gross contradictions, bad economics, and a recurrent envy of wealth and success. The article is so much of a mess that I just can't resist fisking it in detail, despite its length.
Please RTWT. Having lived in Western New York (Springville 30 miles south of Buffalo) for 9 years and living now in Phoenix for the past 3 years, I'd have to say that the article that Warren fisks is full of lies and half truths. This guy sounds more like a shill for the Great Lakes Chamber of Commerce than he does a reporter.
Oh noes! Joe Biden thinks that if you own an evil black rifle, you’re not mentally qualified to own a gun. Wait. So, wanting to own one means you’re not qualified to. We can apply the same not-logic to presidentin’: Biden wants to be president therefore is not mentally qualified to be one. But don’t worry, Joe, the odds of you actually becoming president are about the same as me actually becoming president. Only, I won’t spend millions of someone else’s dollars to figure that out.
Randy Barnett wrote in some detail about libertarians and the war in Iraq and why not all libertarians agree with Ron Paul's hard line stance.
Part of the problem is that libertarians tend to be individualistic which make the "Libertarian Party" somewhat of an oxymoron. So here's my 2cents worth.
1) the sole purpose of the State should be to facilitate dealings between individuals of the state, and to facilitate dealings with foreign governments. 2) if any individual or individuals are attacked by a foreign government or agent of a foreign government then the state needs to act on our behalf as if it (the state) were an individual. 3) The "War on Terrorism" is a logical derivative of statement 2. 4) The "War in Iraq" should have been a logical derivative of statement 3 however it was not presented that way by George Bush and company. 5) Although the "War in Iraq" was not presented as part of the "War on Terrorism" it has de facto become a logical extension of that war. 6) The military forces currently at war are volunteers and therefore acting for the state on behalf of all the individuals of the state. 7) The "War in Iraq" is therefore justified under libertarian principles as self defense.
I had graduated High School and turned 18 the month before. I had taken a summer job at a local hospital because my girlfriend. (soon to be ex-girl friend, not so soon to be wife of 34 years (long story)). The hospital had a picnic on Boca Raton beach that day. My girl friend and I left a bit early I think. I also seem to remember she was miffed at me for some reason. Maybe I spent too much time scoping out the other girls. :) But we ended up watching TV when it happened.. "One small step...".
"It was long ago, and it was far away. It was so much better than it is today"
You know what? You hit it right on the head. I am not concerned one iota with your safety. After all, I don't know you from Adam's housecat, so how does your fate affect me? I am, however, concerned with the safety of myself and the people I do know and care about, and I care about access to firearms as a means of securing that safety.
Do you know what the difference is between you and I? I don't pretend to care about your safety. My selfishness is out in the open for all to see. You see, you don't care about my safety either. You say you do, of course, but that's not why you want my guns gone. You want my guns gone because the only safety you care about is your own, and yet you refuse to take any personal responsibility for it. Your faux concern for my safety is merely a fig leaf for your own pusillanimity.
"God darnit, Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore"
28-721. Driving on right side of roadway; exceptions
A. On all roadways of sufficient width, a person shall drive a vehicle on the right half of the roadway except as follows:
1. When overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction under the rules governing the movement.
2. When the right half of a roadway is closed to traffic while under construction or repair.
3. On a roadway divided into three marked lanes for traffic under the rules applicable on the roadway.
4. On a roadway designated and signposted for one-way traffic.
B. On all roadways, a person driving a vehicle proceeding at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions then existing shall drive the vehicle in the right-hand lane then available for traffic or as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway, except when overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction or when preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway.
This means KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS you flipping idiot!!!